Thursday 8 April 2010

My thoughts- hoooraaaayyyyyyyy

Well, what an experience...

I started well, but then work got the better of me and I had a huge gap in doing any '23 things' until literally last night when I blitzed it...

I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this, i have learnt more than ever imagined I would- and I am still surprised at all the Web 2.0 stuff out there that I had no idea about before... (I just hope I can remember all of my log ins and passwords :)_)

I know that i will definitely be using some (quite a few) of these tools in both work to try and make life a bit easier, but also home life- just for fun, such as Flick r and Picnik...

One thing I had heard of was Pod casting, but I had no idea that you could subscribe to them so that you never miss an episode or installment- great, you also get alerts to say that there is now something new to listen too! I used to stumble across these things by luck

Twitter was fun for about a day... I found lots of people that I knew (but I couldn't find them through Twitter), I sent out a message on Face Book telling every one my user name and that they could go find me!! But it got a bit over whelming... I can kind of see how some people get hooked... and I am sure every now and again, I might log in and see what is going on

One problem i thought i was going to have, was the fact I had to do this in my own time... I soon started doing bits and bobs just when the football was on in our house and it actually made 'football nights' a bit more bearable!! What will I do now...

One big thing I guess is that a few months ago, if someone had asked me about Web 2.0 technologies, I would have guessed at Facebook and Twitter- but wouldn't have had a clue about all the others (which I am sure are not all that is out there!).

I have also got quite into blogging. I am not sure about people who just keep a blog about... 'their life', but certainly in this situation- it has been great having other blogs to read as we all share the same experiences. I have also got better at blogging, and even though there might be no one out there reading this- i seem to be happy now just merrily chatting away to nothing!

My favourite bit has been Picnik... I loved that bit and wish we could have hung around with that area for a while longer. I will (when time allows) have a look at the other editing sites suggested- pixer and fotoflexer... I do hope though- that the blogs and the 'things' stay on line for some time, as it would be good to spend more time on a few other things, and generally just going back at getting the opportunity to relive some applications- and also to catch up on a few more blogs.

My worst experience has been with Delicious- I am still not entirely sure what all of the hype is about- but I think I got there in the end...

Thanks you so much 23 things team... I have enjoyed every minute!!

2 comments:

  1. Whahey! Worthy of a celebratory beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing! Glad you've enjoyed it and found it useful.

    ReplyDelete