Saturday 13 February 2010

Things 5 and 6

Well having had no idea what an RSS feed was- I think i have finally got the hang of it. I have set up my Google Reader account. At first, I have to say, I didnt quite see the point as there wasnt that much on the page that was of interest to me. Once I subscribed to the 23 things blog though, i all started to become clear!! So you can use the reader page to get updates on things that are off interest to you.
So, I set off on my mission to find more RSS feeds for my Google Reader. First I went to the BBC, seemed like the obvious place to start- and this was quite straight forward.. I found the RSS link, and it set up it in the same way as the '23 things'... I then tried to think of websites that I use quite regularly to try and set up some feeds in the same way- this is where I came a little stuck. i was trying to locate the term RSS feed on all of the sites- not realising that the little orange symbol was the key!!

I have now returned to the sites that I didnt think had RSS links- and found that they actually all did- and by clicking on the little orange symbol, it set up the feeds that I was interested in. I have links to BBC, CIPD ( thought I should have something remotely work related), V Festival to see when I can get my ticket (and who is in the line up), o2 Oxford, and New Theatre Oxford- both to get updates on whats coming up. Now finding the RSS feeds very useful and will definately be continuing to use this in the future...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cathy! you're whizzing along! just tried to follow you but the link didn't work, don't know what that's all about...so I've clicked your atom (?!) and will hopefully now be able to follow your new posts on i-google! in the hope that it will keep me motivated! Anna

    ReplyDelete